Rep. Marsh (D, HD-5) is hosting a community forum in Southern Oregon via zoom. Tuesday, Oct 26 from 6:30-8pm.
The proliferation of illegal hemp and cannabis cultivation in Southern Oregon has generated enormous public concern. This community forum will provide an opportunity to hear from individuals and agencies on the front lines regarding the issues that have emerged, including permitting, regulatory response, law enforcement, code compliance, worker conditions, water usage, and past and potential future legislation.
Forum presenters will include:
- Jackson County Marijuana Advisory Committee – Obie Strickler, Chair
- Oregon Department of Agriculture – Lauren Henderson, Deputy Director; Michael Odenthal, Hemp Program Manager; Sunny Summers, Cannabis Policy and Special Projects Coordinator
- Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission – Steve Marks, Executive Director
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office – Sheriff Nathan Sickler
- Jackson County – Alicia Brown, County Code Enforcement Supervisor & Ted Zuk, Development Services Director
- Oregon Water Resources Department – Shavon Haynes, Jackson County Water Master
- Unete Center for Farmworker Advocacy – Kathy Keesee, Executive Director
Spanish and American Sign Language interpretation will be available
This information is provided so you can engage the principles of Oregon Citizen’s Lobby. We do not endorse any candidate. OCL is the only Oregon lobby working 100% for and by CITIZENS of Oregon; we are truly the voices of Oregonians, not special interests. Sign-up here to see how you can volunteer right from your own home to help spread the word and enhance the effectiveness of OCL. Want to help but don’t have time to volunteer? Help support OCL with a donation of any amount here!
Date(s) - 10/26/2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm