During each long session, as the budget for the next two years is being developed, legislators who are members of the Joint Committee on Ways and Means participate in town halls in locations around the state. They always come after the Co-Chairs of Ways and Means release their initial budget, which builds off of the Governor’s Recommended Budget received at the beginning of February. The Co-Chairs’ budget should be out in the last half of March.
These hearings are a chance for Oregonians in those locations to come before the committee and provide two minutes of public testimony on their budget priorities without having to travel to Salem.
Saturday, April 8 (10:00am – 12:00pm) – Portland
- Location: Portland Community College – PAC Auditorium, Sylvania Campus
- 12000 SW 49th Ave, Portland, OR 97219
Friday, April 14 (5:00 – 7:00pm) – Newport
- Location: Newport Performing Arts Center
- 777 W Olive St, Newport, OR 97365
Friday, April 21 (5:00 – 7:00pm) – Roseburg
- Location: Umpqua Community College
- 1140 Umpqua College Rd, Roseburg, OR 9747
Friday, April 28 (5:00 – 7:00pm MT) – Ontario
- Location: Four Rivers Cultural Center
- 676 SW 5th Ave, Ontario, OR 97914
- Note: Ontario, Oregon is in the Mountain Time Zone
These four in-person hearings will be followed by a zoom hearing open to everyone in the state sometime during the first week of May.
Be sure to check our calendar for other events where you can speak up to make a difference.
This information is provided so you can engage the principles of Oregon Citizen’s Lobby. We do not endorse any candidate. OCL is the only Oregon lobby working 100% for and by CITIZENS of Oregon; we are truly the voices of Oregonians, not special interests. Sign-up here to see how you can volunteer right from your own home to help spread the word and enhance the effectiveness of OCL. Want to help but don’t have time to volunteer? Help support OCL with a donation of any amount here!
Date(s) - 04/01/2023