Rep. Andrea Salinas (Dem., HD-38) will be holding a virtual Constituent Coffee on Saturday, April 17th from 9:30-11 am. Registration for the event is required, you can sign up here.
Here are five of her priority bills that have successfully passed and are either going to the Joint Ways & Means Committee, or to the floor for a vote.
• HB 2363 passed the House of Representatives with a vote of 53-0-7 (53 “yes” votes, 0 “no” votes, 7 excused) on April 8 during their night floor session. This bill, which was brought to her by the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce, will make it easier for certain entities to obtain temporary liquor sales licenses so they can host fundraisers and charitable events.
• HB 2359 passed out of House Health Care Committee with a subsequent referral to Joint Ways & Means on April 13, with a vote of 8-1-1. HB 2359 seeks to align Oregon law with Federal law so that health care providers utilize certified and qualified health care interpreters when interacting with a patient for whom spoken English is not the person’s preferred language.
• HB 2010 passed out of House Health Care Committee with a subsequent referral to Joint Ways & Means on April 13, with a vote of 9-0-1. HB 2010 directs OHA and DCBS to bring back design plan options to extend health insurance to those who are uninsured or underinsured because premiums or cost share is too high, or they are not eligible for public payer coverage.
• HB 3230 passed out of House Judiciary Committee with a subsequent referral to Joint Ways & Means with a vote of 9-1-0. HB 3230 creates a universal representation program which will provide legal services for undocumented and refugee Oregonians to help with deportation cases, with legal service providers housed at community-based organizations.
• HB 2315 passed off the floor April 15th, 2021 with a vote of 53-0-7. This bill adds a requirement that behavioral health providers continue to receive education about suicide prevention throughout their career. It now heads to the Senate for further consideration.
Date(s) - 04/17/2021
9:30 am - 11:00 am