The War Room will be every Thursday
at the IKE BOX cafe in the BAY ROOM!
299 Cottage St, NE, Salem
one block from the Capital
Join us February 9th for training on lobbying, testifying and analyzing.
NOON SPEAKER FEBRUARY 9 – REP. JAMES HIEB
FEBRUARY16 – REP. KEVIN MANNIX
BILLS ON THE SCHEDULE FOR PUBLIC HEARING ON FEBRUARY 9:
SENATE EDUCATION – HR B, 3PM
- SB 129 Extends sunset for credit for certified Opportunity Grant contributions.
- SB 183 Establishes Purple Star School Program within Department of Education to recognize schools that provide certain support services to military-connected students.
- SB 292 Requires Department of Education to conduct study to determine adequacy of education in public schools.
ENERGY HR B 1PM
- SB 542 Requires original equipment manufacturer to make available to owner of consumer electronic equipment or independent repair provider on fair and reasonable terms any documentation, tool, part or other device or implement that original equipment manufacturer makes available to authorized repair provider for purpose of diagnosing, maintaining or repairing consumer electronic equipment.
SENATE JUDICIARY – HR D, 1PM
- SB 212 Makes confidential and exempts from discovery and public records certain communications and information conveyed during peer support check-in sessions with Oregon Youth Authority employees.
- SB 586 Makes restorative justice communications confidential.
LABOR & BUSINESS – HR B, 8AM
- SB 184 Modifies employer child support reporting requirements to include payments made to independent contractors.
- SB 538 Permits state agency to accept credit card as payment for charge or fee state agency imposes or collects for goods or services state agency provides to individual who is member of public and to add surcharge to amount person tenders to offset fees charged to state agency for accepting credit card as payment.
AGRICULTURE, LAND USE – HR D, 3PM
- HB 2999 Modifies provisions of Department of Transportation wildlife-vehicle collision program.
- HB 3125 Establishes Public Drinking Water and Sewer Ratepayer Assistance Fund.
- HB 2903 Requires State Department of Fish and Wildlife, State Fish and Wildlife Commission and Department of State Lands to implement Ocean Policy Advisory Council recommendations to develop adaptive management and social monitoring program to support marine reserves.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, GENERAL GOVERNMENT – HR A, 1PM
- HB 2295 Broadens public contracting preference for businesses that service-disabled veterans own to include all veteran-owned businesses.
- HB 2305 Exempts from state income tax military pay received by Oregon National Guard member while in active service of state or on state active duty.
HIGHER EDUCATION – HR F, 3PM
- HB 2740 Establishes uniform method for calculating eligibility of part-time faculty member of community college or public university for certain health care, retirement and other benefits.
- HB 2611 Requires that dental and vision are included in health benefits available to part-time faculty members.
HOUSING – HR F, 8AM
- HB 3138 Appropriates moneys to Oregon Department of Administrative Services to provide grant to Regional Rural Revitalization Strategies Consortium to plan for and develop housing.
HB 3162 Requires city with population of 200,000 or fewer to establish local standards to promote housing stability no later than July 1, 2025.
- HB 2634 Defines “recreational vehicle park” for the purposes of residential tenancy law.
HOUSE JUDICIARY – HR D, 8AM
- HB 2719 Requires Department of Justice to study services for crime victims.
- HB 3114 Prohibits hotelkeeper or innkeeper from requiring qualified victim services program that facilitates reservation or rental of guest room in hotel or inn to disclose personal information of victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
HOUSE REVENUE – HR A, 8:30AM
- HB 2433 Increases exempt amount and filing threshhold for purposes of corporate activity tax.
- HB 2624 Allows additional estate tax exclusion of $1 million.
HOUSE RULES – HR C, 1PM
- HB 2605 Creates tax credit for contributions to publisher of local journalistic publication.
- HB 3167 Modifies definitions to allow for publication of legal notices in digital facsimile newspaper.
Date: 2023-02-06 02:16No tags for this post.