Member of the Executive Committee
Reports to Executive Director
Requirement: Have a basic understanding of the Legislative process and how a bill becomes law and how to analyze a bill. Training is available.
The Volunteer Coordinator is assigned an OCL Bluehost email address to preserve record.
Monitors a personal email address dedicated to OCL.
Point of Contact for Activities Volunteers
- Call legislators on posted alerts
- Give public testimony at committees
- Write/email legislators
- Write letters to the editors
- Write testimony for bills
Reply and or direct inquiries and facilitate operations.
- Coordinates with the Group Coordinator, War Room Coordinator and Operations Research during the Legislative session.
- Reviews Alerts emailed From Team Leaders.
- Alerts are emailed to the Activity Volunteers requesting feedback.
- Assist bill cleanup at the end of the session, including peer review and bills left to be analyzed.
- Recruit peers to join the OCL Team.
- Attend scheduled War Rooms whenever possible.
Volunteer Coordinator Work Flow Chart
Volunteer Coordinator Operating Procedure
- Open OCL email address: Check emails and respond as needed.
Open (OCL) OregonCitizenslobby.org
a. Open Legislative session
b. Open and log into (TTV) trackthiervote.org
- Open TTV MyToDoList
- Peer Review bills and analyze bills – time permitting.
- Open Files
- Volunteer Spreadsheet will be updated by Communications Administrator
- Alerts from Team Leaders – Send to the Activity Volunteers using a cover letter requesting feedback and Testimony, feedback may be shared with the Operations Team.