War Room Coordinator:
Member of the Executive Committee
Reports to Executive Director
Requirement: Have a basic understanding of the Legislative process and how a bill becomes law and how to analyze a bill. Training is available.
The War Room Coordinator is assigned an OCL Bluehost email address to preserve record and a security level 3 on the TTV.
Reply and or direct inquiries and facilitate operations during Legislative session and may use a personal email address that is dedicated to OCL.
The Point of Contact for Activities that Volunteers selected.
- Participate in War Room efforts
- Reply and or direct inquiries and facilitate operations.
- Manage a Physical presence in the scheduled War Room in the State Capital.
- Coordinates with the Group Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Research during the Legislative session.
- Reviews Alerts posted by Team Leaders and sends to the Activity Volunteers. (listed on the Volunteer Spreadsheet)
- Send notices to War Room volunteers of War Room scheduled days and updates.
- Assist bill cleanup at the end of the session, including peer review and bills left to be analyzed.
- Recruit peers to help with analyzing and joining the OCL Team.
- Attend scheduled War Rooms whenever possible, provide Testimony or give Testimony when possible.
War Room Work Flow
War Room Coordinator Operating Procedure
- Open OCL email address: Check emails and respond as needed.
- Open (OCL) OregonCitizenslobby.org
- Review Alert Bills and Comments.
- Open Legislative session
- Monitor OLIS for scheduled Hearings and votes.
- Open and log into (TTV) trackthiervote.org
- Open TTV MyToDoList
- Peer Review bills and analyze bills – time permitting.
- Open Files
- Volunteer Spreadsheet will be updated by Communications Administrator
- Alerts from Team Leaders
- Send to the Activity Volunteers using a cover letter requesting feedback and Testimony, feedback may be shared with the Operations Team.
- Physical War Room: Assist with setup.